Serves 4 at 2 sliders each
- 12 oz ground turkey (you could do this with ground chicken as well!)
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots or onion if that’s what you have
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces 2% reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 8 whole-wheat slider buns
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
Optional: pickle slices, lettuce, tomato
- In a skillet, cook 3 slices of bacon and cut into 1-inch pieces. Remove to the side.
- Preheat grill or a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Gently combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, being careful not to over mix. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions; gently shape each portion into a 1/4-inch-thick patty, try not to pack mixture down too much.
- Arrange patties on grill pan coated with cooking spray; cook 2 minutes on each side. Top each patty with about 1 tablespoon cheese during last minute of cooking.
- Lightly coat cut sides of buns with cooking spray. Place buns, cut sides down, on grill pan. Grill for 1 minute or until toasted. Spread about 1 teaspoon mayonnaise on top half of each bun; top with 1 patty, then a slice of bacon and put on the lid.
Additionally, you could top each slider with pickle slices, torn lettuce, sliced tomatoes or anything your heart desires. The possibilities are limitless!
Do yourself a favor. Buy Calphalon. Nothing sticks. Easy clean up. Invest in your kitchen tools. This is similar to the grill pan I use more than my outside grill: Grill Pan
(This post contains affiliate links.)
Let's face it, you have to have a slightly recessive gene that has a little something to do with the brain to go out on the football field and beat your head against other human beings on a daily basis.