Dinner was jamming tonight!
This pasta dish hits all the right notes with us. Pasta, shrimp, broccoli and gaar-lic! I love when my house smells like garlic! Adding pasta water in makes it a creamy broth. If you have kids, they won't even know they are eating broccoli.
Adapted from: Skinnytaste
Size: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 oz uncooked pasta (I used Orecchiette but shells would be great as well)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut off the stems
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- When the water boils, add the pasta and bring back to a boil, when the water is boiling, add broccoli and cook according to pasta medium; add 1 tbsp olive oil, when hot, add garlic. Cook until golden, about 1 minute, then add the shrimp. Once the shrimp are almost pink, add the pasta and broccoli.
- Mix well, add 1 tbsp olive oil, grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste mixing well.
- Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and mix well adding more if needed.