Sometimes I just feel like eating vegetables. Nothing more, just veggies. You could easily pair this with a protein if you wanted to. However, I think you will be quite satisfied with this and a nice slice of bread!
- 1 lb of carrots, sliced lengthwise and cut into 4 in pieces
- 1 lb mushrooms (I prefer cremini or shiitake), trimmed and sliced in half
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced in half
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz baby kale (about 8 cups), take the leaves off the stems
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 8 slices crusty whole wheat bread
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbed (not a goat cheese fan? use Laughing Cow Cheese)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 425℉. Toss the carrots, mushrooms, radishes, onion, 2 tbsp of the EVOO, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast until the veggies are browned, tossing occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the kale, lemon juice, 1 tbsp of the EVOO and 1/4 tsp each of the salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the bread with the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and top with the cheese, dividing it up evenly. Place the bread on the veggies and roast until the cheese is melted, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Toss the greens with the vegetables and serve with the toast on the side.
Delicious, healthy and I bet you will not miss the meat!!