Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Shrimp and Parmesan Zoodles





I love Zoodles! Don't know what Zoodles are?  

Zucchini noodles = Zoodles

Replace that pasta with Zoodles and be satisfied without the carbs. You can even do this with sweet potatoes.

Serves 2

1/2 lb large shrimp
2 medium Zucchini
2 tbsp butter (I use light unsalted butter)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups of kale (you can easily substitute fresh spinach if you aren't into kale)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and Black Pepper

First, I spiralized my zucchini.

You can find this Spiralizer here on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2jBpbLo






Aren't they pretty?

I set them aside wrapped in a paper towels to take some of the moisture out of them.

Then I sauteed the shrimp in just a tad of olive oil, seasoned with S&P. 





They do not take long at all. You just want them pink and then move them to a bowl. 

Melt the butter, add the garlic, cook for a minute over medium-high heat. Please do not burn your garlic! 

Add in the zoodles and the kale. Toss and cook until the kale is a bit wilted, about 4 minutes. 

Stir in the Parmesan cheese, add the shrimp back in and toss till everything is coated. Season with S&P to taste. 

Oh so delicious! I could eat this everyday!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg, I have to try the zoodles! Thanks for the recipe!

Spatula On Fire said...

You are so welcome! Please let me know how it turns out.