Serves 4 (2 tacos each)
- 32 peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds. I always have frozen bags in the freezer)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 (6-inch) white corn tortillas (you can use flour if you choose to but the corn tortillas are more healthy
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (whatever your favorite is, I personally like to use romaine)
- 3/4 cup salsa; here is my recipe http://spatulaonfire.blogspot.com.spatulaonfire.com/2017/01/salsa-anyone.html
- Combine the chipolte chili powder, chili powder, salt, and cumin. Mix together with the shrimp.
- Heat the tsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp about 2 minutes on each side.
- Heat tortillas in microwave according to package directions. I have a gas stove so I like to take a pair of tongs and crisp up the tortillas over the flame. It gives them a nice char (not too much char!).
- Evenly place the shrimp, lettuce and salsa on each tortilla.
Of course, you could use tilapia, cod, chicken, pork, beef in these tacos. Top with avocado if that's what you fancy. Saute onions and peppers if you so choose. Whatever floats your boat!