Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Slow Cooker Madness - Lasagna




It was 16° out when I went to the dentist yesterday morning. Brrrrrrrrrr

Today it's going up to 39!! Whohoo! It will be balmy. I don't know where you live, but I'm SO ready for spring.

There is so much you can do in your slow cooker that you probably never thought of. I truly love my slow cooker especially in the summer. I swear I didn't turn on my oven for a whole two months last year. Our AC units do not reach the kitchen so it can get sweltering!

First up...Lasagna!

The best part about slow-cooker lasagna is that you don't need to precook the noodles, which means fewer dishes to clean up.

Invest in Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. Please. Do yourself a favor. Clean up is a breeze! 

Ingredients:
  • 2 jars of quality marinara (try for less sugar)
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
  • 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% small-curd cottage cheese (trust me, no one will know, save your calories)
  • 1 carton (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
  • 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add parsley; stir in cottage cheese, ricotta and Parmesan cheese. 
  2. In a slow cooker, (put in a liner!) pour 2 cups of your favorite meat or veggie tomato sauce. Put 3 noodles on top, then another layer of sauce and 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese mixture . Continue to build 2 more layers. Cover and cook on low for six hours. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and cook for 10 more minutes.
  3. IMPORTANT: Turn off the slow cooker and let it sit for at least a 1/2 hour. Everything will settle and meld together. If you try to cut it too soon, it will be a gloppy mess. Yes, gloppy. I looked that word up.  
  4. If you want a meat lasagna, saute your meat in a skillet, drain off the fat. Make sure you season it. Add it in to your layers. I love to do a cheese and spinach lasagna as well. 

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!