Oh my, tender slow cooked stuffed pork chops and spicy brussel sprouts.
I'm always looking for another way to make pork chops.
My husband likes Shake N Bake.
Um, No. Have you ever read the label on that? Way too high in sodium!
So here is what was on the menu tonight. I like simple meals!!
- 2 large pork chops (bone-in would be better but I didn't have that in the freezer)
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing (yes, this is what he likes)
- 3/4 cup white wine or unsalted chicken stock
- 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the stuffing and set aside.
- Slice the pork chop to create a good size pocket.
- Salt and pepper the chop.
- Stuff the pork chop.
- Place the chops into skillet and get them golden brown. Use tongs to flip carefully.
- Place the chops into a slow cooker and pour the wine or stock over them.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
Lovely, delicious, tender pork chops! My husband ate the rest of the stuffing!!! He just cracks me up with that stuffing.
Buffalo Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Franks hot sauce
- crumbled blue cheese to taste
- Preheat oven to 425℉. In an oven safe saute pan, add olive oil and sprouts in a single layer and cook for about 3 minutes. Turn for an additional 3 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with the hot sauce, toss to coat and top with the crumbled bleu cheese.