Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Spicy Honey Chicken Recipe




Pressure cookers rock.

Seriously. 

My chicken only took 27 minutes from start to finish and was SO tender! A-ma-zing!!!

Ingredients:

  • 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 tbsp Sriracha hot chili sauce (the one with the Rooster on it please)
  • 1 chipolte pepper (optional)
  • 3/4 cup lite soy sauce
  • 3/4 cup ketchup
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 2 tbsp water

Directions:

  1. Add garlic, Sriracha, soy sauce, ketchup, chipolte pepper and honey to the pressure cooker. Stir to combine. 
  2. Add the chicken in and swish it around the wonderful goodness. Cover pot and lock the lid in place.
  3. Select high pressure and set it for 9 minutes. My Instant Pot took 17 minutes to come up to pressure. How do I know? I used a stopwatch on my phone so I could tell you! 
  4. Once it cooks for 9 minutes, use the quick pressure release. 
  5. Dissolve the cornstarch with the water and add it to the pot. Select simmer and bring to boil, stirring.
    (Go check your veggies. I have Butternut Squash in the oven. I'll get to that in a minute.)

The sauce will thicken nicely and you can just let it sit there while you finish preparing the rest of your dinner. 


Just look at it. Look at it! It's beautiful. 

Ok, I'll stop! 



Butternut Squash

I've never been a huge fan until tonight.

First of all, I like rosemary however, I do NOT like rosemary twigs in my food. I'm a firm believer in #notwigsinmyfood. 

I invested in this Mortar and Pestle for whenever I need to decimate the rosemary. It comes in handy for other herbs, nuts, basil, and garlic. 







See? No twigs. 




I ground up a combo of rosemary and thyme for this recipe.
  • 1 butternut squash, peeled and roughly cubed (I actually bought it this way)
  • Extra-virgin olive oil
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly cracked black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh herbs, like thyme, rosemary, or sage (optional)
  • Honey or maple syrup, to taste (optional)

Let's talk Maple Syrup. A dear friend sent me this with other goodies for the holidays. This was the first chance I had to use it. My oh my was it good on that squash! 


  1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
  2. Toss the butternut squash cubes with a generous drizzling of olive oil, a large pinch of salt, pepper, herbs, and maple syrup (if using) on a baking sheet (please use parchment paper).
  3. Spread out in a single even layer, and roast for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the squash is fork-tender and lightly browned.



I also made some brown rice to go along with this lusciuos meal. All in all, I think this was quite the successful dinner and I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

 











No comments: