This is one of my favorite recipes! Loaded with veggies, low in fat and calories so it's perfect for lunches! Or even to have as a snack before dinner to fill you up.
You can easily sub in whatever veggies you have on hand.
If you follow Weight Watchers, this is a ZERO point soup!
If you want to make it into a dinner, add in some chicken, turkey or ground turkey with cooked brown rice, quinoa or whole wheat noodles.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 4 cups chopped cabbage (approx. ¼ head of cabbage)
- 1 cup green beans (1" pieces)
- 2 whole bell peppers, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) low sodium diced tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon each thyme & basil
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- In a large pot cook onion & garlic over medium heat until slightly softened.
- Add carrots, cabbage & green beans and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in bell peppers, undrained tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, bay leaves and seasonings. Simmer 6-7 minutes.
- Add in zucchini & broccoli. Simmer an additional 5 minutes or until softened.
Remove bay leaves before serving.