We've already established the fact that I LOVE Quesadilla's!
Click here for Spinach and Artichoke Quesadilla's
And I'd really love to hear what YOUR favorite type of Quesadilla is. Just click on comments at the bottom of this post and let me know.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cut into strips or chunks
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 4 corn or flour tortillas
Preheat oven to 350℉ or see skillet method below.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over med-high heat. Slowly cook the red onion until soft. Mix in honey. Stir till golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Place remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan and cook chicken until no longer pink. Stir in BBQ sauce.
- Layer 2 tortilla's with chicken, onions, both cheeses and top with other two tortilla's.
- Now you can bake these in the oven on a baking sheet for about 20 minutes OR you can heat a skillet, throw in a little butter and lay the quesadilla in the skillet until browned on one side and flip it to brown on the other.
- Cut into quarters to serve.