I adore this black bean dip. You can do so much with it! I've used it on nachos and made quesadilla's with it. You can serve it just as dip with tortilla chips. My next endeavor with it will be a grilled cheese! It rocks!! I usually double the recipe so there is a lot to go around.
Black Bean Quesadilla's
- 1 can black beans
- ½ onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 chipotles in adobo
- 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup water (or stock)
- 1 package mushrooms
- Corn tortillas
- In a 350℉ oven, lay your mushrooms on a parchment lined baking sheet, sprinkle with S&P and roast for about 25 minutes. Set aside.
- Roughly chop ½ an onion and peel 2 garlic cloves.
- Saute the onion and garlic in a dollop of oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain and rinse one can of black beans.
- Add the black beans to the onion mixture along with 2 chipotles in adobo, 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce, ½ teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, freshly ground pepper, and ½ cup water.
- Simmer for a few minutes until heated though.
- Combine the bean mixture in a blender or food processor.
- Salt to taste (I added another pinch for this recipe).
- Heat up a skillet, add a small pat of butter, and then saute your corn tortillas until they are nice and golden brown. Lay them on a paper towel to drain off excess.
- Spread a little of the black bean mixture on one side of the tortilla, add a few mushrooms and fold over.
- At this point, depending on how many you are making, you could add the quesadilla back into a skillet to heat thru. I laid about 6 of them on a baking sheet and put them back into the oven to warm thru on a low temp. The other 6 shown in the picture below are the Spinach and Artichoke quesadilla's Click here for recipe
So delicious!!! Enjoy!