I inhaled...I mean I made this salad for Labor Day weekend last year. SO BLASTED GOOD.
Run to the market now!!! It doesn't have to be a summer salad. I can eat this year round.
- 16 oz orecchiette pasta or whatever you like.
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 oz mozzarella balls or one large ball, cut into small pieces (plus extra for tasting as you are making it...shhhhh)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, rolled up and thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/3 balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt to the water please. That pasta does not come seasoned.
- Cook, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooled pasta with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
- Add in the balsamic dressing, tasting to make sure you have added enough, unless you are making it a day ahead.
- When ready to serve, add the basil and dressing, S&P.