Crab meat goes on sale on the store. What to do? What to do?
Try this recipe!!
Great as an appetizer or a main dish with a nice salad or roasted veggies.
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or crushed crackers
- 1 tsp yellow or dark mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place crab meat in a bowl and lightly run your fingers through it to pick out any shells.
- Add breadcrumbs, Old Bay and parsley.
- In another bowl, combine egg, mustard, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Use a whisk till smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over the crab meat and gently mix.
- Mold into golf ball sized balls and put on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350℉ for 30 minutes.
Optional: Drizzle with melted butter.
If you like spice, add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper!
Serve with cocktail sauce on the side.
My husband likes these better than crab cakes!