Who doesn't like Deviled Eggs? Football Party? Beer? Eggs?
Could be a lethal combination but I say go for it!!!
Oh, and I usually double this recipe because they are gone in two seconds flat. Or as fast as someone can deflate a football (ahem). Now let's see who actually reads my blog posts and comments on THAT statement.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 6 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp pickle relish
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
- 2 or 4 dashes hot sauce
- Place eggs in a large pot and cover with water. Add the oil and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, keep covered and set your timer for 15 minutes.
- Drain and run eggs under cold water.
- Peel the eggs. I find the best way to do it is tap the egg all over with a spoon. At the narrow top, start to peel off the egg shell. Then insert your spoon and push the shell off gently.
- Slice the egg in half, and pop out the yolks into a bowl.
- Mash yolks with mustard, dill, mayo, pickle relish, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Transfer to a Ziploc bag and snip off a corner. Use it like a piping bag filling the whites.
- Mound them up and sprinkle with paprika if you like!