Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Fresh Pasta with Vodka Sauce





During the holidays, my mom, me and my daughter make a gazillion home made ravioli's. Cheese AND meat. It's a marathon. But that's a post for another time. The point of THIS post is that we take the leftover pasta dough and make fresh pasta. It's then twirled into a nest and frozen in a Ziploc bag.

Hubby was in the mood for pasta so I went digging into my groaning freezer and pulled out the fresh spaghetti and some turkey meatballs.

The vodka sauce is easy! And it just so happened that I had everything I needed for it. Just make sure you are cooking with the vodka more than you are drinking with it and you will be fine! ha ha ha

Vodka Sauce

1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp vodka
1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
3/4 tsp italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and slowly warm up. I then added some turkey meatballs to it and cooked the pasta which only took a few minutes. 

Oh heaven...









No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!