Friday, February 24, 2017

Healthier Tuna Melts







I always keep Fiber One English Muffins in my freezer. Wrap it in a paper towel and microwave it for 20 seconds then pop into the toaster and it's perfect!

My husband loves Tuna Melts! And sometimes I'm just LAZY. I made this a bit more healthy than the normal tuna melts and it satisfied that comfort food craving!

Ingredients


  • 4 cans tuna in water
  • 5 tbsp mixture of celery and onions, diced 
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • low carb bread
  • mayo, to taste (I used 5 tbsp)
  • Reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:


  1. Mix the salad ingredients. 
  2. Preheat oven to 350℉. Place the bread on a parchment lined baking sheet. 
  3. Spread the tuna mix on the bread and sprinkle cheese on top. 
  4. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. 
  5. I actually used a toaster oven but whatever floats your boat!

Serve with a nice salad on the side. 

No comments:

Featured Post - Click Below

Ahi Tuna Steaks

Seared tuna steaks were on the menu tonight! I find it best to season them and let them sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes. ...