Monday, February 6, 2017

It's Breakfast Week!





I know some people don't like to eat breakfast. 

I've even heard people say "it makes me sick thinking about eating that early".

I was one of THOSE people! I started to force myself to eat breakfast and before I knew it, it was habit. My stomach would remind me if I hadn't eaten and I just felt better after eating. You can do it! Pick something that appeals to you and start small. But be consistent!

Breakfast literally kicks starts your metabolism that's been dormant all night. It's gets it going, revs it up and if you continue to eat SOMETHING every 3 hours or so throughout the day, then your metabolism keeps burning! 

The best foods to eat for breakfast: 

Good carbs with fiber and some protein!

Oatmeal: Look for the heart shaped seal on the box. That's because oats contain a type of fiber that's been shown to help lower cholesterol when eaten regularly. Oats are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, folate, and potassium. Steel cut oats contain more fiber so that's the best oatmeal to have. And it only takes 15 minutes to cook. Avoid the flavored ones, too much sugar! Sweeten your bowl with milk and a bit of honey, and top with fruit and nuts.

Greek Yogurt: Choose a plain, nonfat variety, and add some fruit to give it some sweetness and flavor. You can take it with you on the run!

Grapefruit: It has a fat-burning property! Eat a half of a grapefruit before breakfast! Great effects on blood sugar and insulin levels. Pair it with a yogurt or an egg. 

Banana: It's a healthy carb which keeps you feeling fuller longer. Add it to your oatmeal for a sweet component! 

Watermelon: Only 40 calories per cup! It's a negative-calorie food which means it burns more calories during digestion than it adds in. Something I did not know. I want to start eating more watermelon!

Blueberries: It's a super fruit! Can't you see them in their little super man costumes?  Only 80 calories per cup, less than other fruits. 

Strawberries: Great for your heart!! High quantities of folic acid and fiber. Eaten three times a week has proven to reduce the risk of heart attacks in women. Sounds like a great reason to me!

Green tea: Drinking five cups a day can increase your body's metabolism and help you lose more weight around the middle.

Whole-Wheat Bread: Top it with an egg or some Almond Butter and you are good to go!






No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!