My local grocery store now has whole grain pizza dough! I'm so excited! I love making pizza at home where I can control the ingredients. With my pizza stone and my pizza peel, it makes it that much easier.
You can make this with any combination of toppings you want.
- 2 8-oz packages sliced mushrooms (I like baby bellas or Shiitake)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 lb ball whole grain pizza dough
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cups reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- Place your pizza stone Click here! on the bottom rack of a cold oven which prevents cracking.
- Preheat the oven to 450℉ and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the mushrooms on the baking sheet with the olive oil, salt and chili flakes.
- Toss until evenly coated.
- Roast for 10 to 12 minutes and then set aside.
- Sprinkle corn meal or flour on a pizza peel Click Here! or a piece of parchment paper. Stretch out the dough until you get a nice round circle. I actually split mine in two and made two individual pizzas.
- Spread marinara sauce over the center of the dough, leaving a 1 inch border for the crust. Sprinkle with cheese then mushrooms.
- Transfer pizza to the stone in the oven (or an oiled baking sheet) and bake until cheese is bubbly, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- The other pizza I used my black bean spread Click here for Black Bean Recipe.
- Topped it with spinach, some reduced fat mozzarella cheese and red onion.
(Post contains affiliate links)