Well, they really aren't, are they? But we do love fried chicken, right? Well, this is waist-friendly AND delicious.
I love making this in advance and having it in the fridge. I can snack on a piece of chicken or put it over a delicious salad which is what I'm doing this week.
- 1 package chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (I never have this so I use 1/2 cup milk mixed with 1/2 tbsp vinegar)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat oven to 425℉.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mustard, garlic and hot sauce. Add the chicken and let it hang out.
- Put the flour, paprika, thyme, baking powder, salt and pepper in a storage bag.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Place 2 chicken tenders at a time in the storage bag. Close and shake. Remove the chicken, shaking off any excess flour and place it on the baking sheet.
- Coat the top of the chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
When you take the baking sheet out of the oven, just let it sit for a while. If you try to take the chicken off right away, the outside coating will crumble. Once it's cooled, use a spatula (Spatula on Fire! Sorry! HAHA) to remove the chicken.