Saturday, February 25, 2017

Pressure Cooker Chicken


This is a great way to cook a ton of chicken and use it during the week in whatever way you want.

I'm making Buffalo Chicken over Baked Potatoes this week so while I was making my lunches, I threw the chicken in the Pressure Cooker.

By the time I was done with the lunches, the chicken was done! Now it's all packed up and waiting for me.

Ingredients:

  • 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 2 cups unsalted chicken stock

Directions:

  1. Place chicken in the Instant Pot and toss in the seasonings. Add chicken stock.
  2. Seal your pressure cooker and set the time for 13 minutes. It will take the pressure cooker around 15 minutes to come up to pressure.
  3. Turn off the pressure cooker by hitting the keep warm/cancel button.
  4. Turn the release handle to vent, doing a quick release. Be careful of the steam!
  5. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board, let it cool a bit then chop it up.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Featured Post - Click Below

Ahi Tuna Steaks

Seared tuna steaks were on the menu tonight! I find it best to season them and let them sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes. ...