This recipe was created just for my mom. It's right up her alley with creamy goat cheese. I know this might not be everyone's cup of tea but if you haven't tried goat cheese, then you really don't know what you are missing. It's delicious!!
Of course, you can sub out for any type of cheese you like.
Asparagus Goat Cheese and Mushroom Quesadilla
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 flour tortilla or two small corn tortillas
- 2 oz goat cheese
- a handful of shittake mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the asparagus and mushrooms in a skillet with 1 tsp olive oil until tender. Season with S&P and set aside.
- Spread one side of the tortilla with the goat cheese and top with asparagus/mushrooms. Fold the tortilla over and cook in a skillet over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Cut into quarters and enjoy!