Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Taco Seasoning




Y'all know those prepared taco seasonings in the stores are filled with bad stuff, right? 

MSG is one of the culprits man. Sodium....preservatives...and always check the label on dried herbs to make sure these aren't in there. It's a small thing but small adds up to big. 

I'm sure you already have these in your cabinet, just take 5 minutes and whip up a batch of this seasoning to have on hand for chicken, pork, ground turkey for taco's...there are a multitude of options!

I double this recipe and keep mine in a ziploc bag marked...wait for it...TACO SEASONING! 

I crack myself up. If you have a glass jar with a lid, you can also use that.  

Taco Seasoning

Ingredients


  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried minced onion or onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried minced garlic or garlic powder
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp black pepper

If you want to make it spicy, cause that's your ball game, then add 1/4 or 1/2 tsp of ground cayenne pepper. 

Combine all the ingredients and store away from heat, light and moisture. I keep mine in my spice cabinet, who knew?






No comments: