Saturday, February 11, 2017

Turkey Taco Lunches





I'm all about taking short cuts if I can and if they make sense. The original recipe called for cooking your own brown rice and making your own salsa. I cut my time in half, I'm sure, by using what I had on hand! This makes 4 lunches.

Ingredients:


  • 2 bags of Southwestern Style Rice by Birds Eye or Brown/Wild Rice with Broccoli and Carrots
  • 1 lb lean ground turkey
  • 1 tbsp taco seasoning (please don't use store brand, make your own CLICK HERE)
  • 1 jalapeno (optional)
  • 1 lime
  • 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
  • Store bought Pico de Gallo salsa. Or you can make your own. I didn't.


Directions

  • Throw the bags of rice in the microwave, one at a time, then set aside. 
  • Cook turkey in a skillet with the taco seasoning and a jalapeno minced (optional), breaking up the meat as you cook. 

Looking for some great storage containers? This is what I purchased CLICK HERE 

  • To assemble the lunches, put about a 1/2 cup of the rice in each container. 
  • About 1/2 cup of the turkey taco meat. 
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the salsa.  
  • Then I took a 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and divided it up evenly between the 4 containers. 
  • I then squeezed the juice from a whole lime over the 4 lunches using THIS.
ENJOY!











No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!