Thursday, March 16, 2017

Ahi Tuna Steaks


Seared tuna steaks were on the menu tonight!

I find it best to season them and let them sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

Ingredients:

  • 2 Ahi Tuna steaks
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds
  • 1 tbsp chili oil
  • 1 tbsp olive oil

Directions:

  1. Rinse your steaks and then pat dry.
  2. Mix the garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, salt and sesame seeds in a shallow dish.
  3. Drizzle the chili oil over the steak and using your fingers, make sure it covers the whole steak.
  4. Take the steak and gently press into the seasoning, getting the sides as well.
  5. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
  6. Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, add the olive oil. 
  7. Once it's hot, carefully add in the tuna. Cook on each side for 3 minutes. That will give you a nice pink in the middle.

I have a great store near me that has fresh wasabi powder. I mix equal parts of the powder with water and set aside while I'm cooking the steaks. I love the punch of wasabi!

I served with just some steamed broccoli.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Erin Oberholzer said...

This looks absolutely amazing and is a must try!!

Featured Post - Click Below

Ahi Tuna Steaks

Seared tuna steaks were on the menu tonight! I find it best to season them and let them sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes. ...