Seared tuna steaks were on the menu tonight!
I find it best to season them and let them sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- 2 Ahi Tuna steaks
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chili oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse your steaks and then pat dry.
- Mix the garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, salt and sesame seeds in a shallow dish.
- Drizzle the chili oil over the steak and using your fingers, make sure it covers the whole steak.
- Take the steak and gently press into the seasoning, getting the sides as well.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- Once it's hot, carefully add in the tuna. Cook on each side for 3 minutes. That will give you a nice pink in the middle.
I have a great store near me that has fresh wasabi powder. I mix equal parts of the powder with water and set aside while I'm cooking the steaks. I love the punch of wasabi!
I served with just some steamed broccoli.