This is a great low carb meal. My husband loves cabbage and I love Asian flavors. Great combo!
- Medium head of cabbage
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 1/3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Shred the cabbage using a knife.
- Fry the cabbage in 2 tbsp of butter using a large frying pan over medium heat. Keep stirring and don't let the cabbage brown. It will take a while for it to soften.
- Add the salt, onion powder, black pepper and the vinegar. Stir for a few more minutes. Set this aside.
- Melt the other 2 tbsp of butter in the same pan. Add garlic, chili flakes and ginger and saute.
- Add ground meat to the pan until the meat is cooked through. Lower the heat a little.
- Add the scallions and cabbage. Stir until everything is incorporated and heated through. Taste to add salt and pepper.
- Add the sesame oil.