Thursday, March 30, 2017

Baked Kielbasa and Pierogies




Normally, in our house, Kielbasa is placed on a roll and the Pierogies are sautéed with butter, oil and lots of onions, topped with sour cream. Not tonight.

I'm trying to get Joe to eat healthier. I figured if I just put the food on a plate in front of him, he would just eat it. And that's exactly what happened. I didn't give him options. It worked, at least for today!

So this was a one sheet pan kinda deal.

Two Johnsonville links of Kielbasa. I like Johnsonville because there are no fillers and it's not really spicy. It's just a mild smoked sausage.

So I cut them up into pieces and threw them on the sheet pan.

Then I tossed some halved mini peppers and one onion with olive oil, salt and pepper. I threw them on the sheet pan as well.

Then I took about 7 frozen Pierogies, tossed them with olive oil, chili powder, onion powder, hot sauce and garlic powder. Add them to the sheet pan.

Bake in a 400℉ oven for 15 minutes. Flip the Pierogies and bake for another 15 minutes.

Perfection!

The Pierogies get crispy while staying tender inside and puff up very nicely!

I served with some zesty brown mustard. We only use Boar's Head brand in our house. My husband is very particular about his mustard. I even have to buy extra to take on vacation with us because they don't sell it there!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!