If you are looking for a light salad bursting with flavor, this is it!
- 2 cups cooked white quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
Optional: Red pepper flakes to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, tomatoes, chickpeas and basil. Toss to combine.
- Whisk together the dressing in a bowl. Pour dressing over salad and stir till evenly coated.
- Garnish with additional black pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately or chill for 30 to 60 minutes.
I've doubled this and served at gatherings where people enjoy a healthier option!