I'm sure everyone has their own way of making meatballs. I've been making them with my mom and my late grand mom for oh, probably 35 years. Wow, I'm old...
Anyway, I like to try out new recipes and this one is a keeper! My daughter and I just made a batch of these meatballs, split them up between the two of us and froze them.
I used to stand over the stove and fry up those meatballs and cook them in gravy all day long. I find I just don't have the time for that anymore, life being what it is, so this is a great alternative!
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups Parmesan Cheese or 2 cups Romano Cheese
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 to 3/4 chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
I love these hotel pans from Amazon. I mix up the ingredients for my meatballs in this!!! I've cooked large quantities of food in it as well. check it out at Amazon.com
- Combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into meatballs and bake on parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes at 350℉. This is what I use to make sure my meatballs are all the same size check it out at Amazon.com.
- There will be some unappetizing grease puddles on the baking sheet. How happy are we that the grease was removed? You can also place them on some paper towels to remove excess fat.
We bake them in the oven, stick the cooled baking sheet in the freezer to let the meatballs set up and then pop them into a Ziploc bag. It's great when you just want a few meatballs to go with your dinner. You just grab a few balls out of a bag!
Post contains affiliate links