Monday, March 13, 2017

Meatless Monday Enchiladas and a HUGE Snowstorm Coming Our Way


The East Coast is supposed to get a huge snowstorm over the next few days. Can I tell you how much I hate snow? groan There's always the potential to lose power, internet, etc. I work from home so I don't get snow days unless we lose all ways of communication. double groan I'm really hoping the weather people are so wrong!

I made a batch of veggie enchiladas tonight for dinner. I didn't tell my husband until after he ate them. And professed his love of them! Score!!!

Ingredients:

  • 2 containers of mushrooms
  • 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning (Click here for recipe)
  • 12 oz diced peppers and onions (I cheated and bought them at the store this way)
  • 1 can fat free refried beans
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 can Rotel fire roasted diced tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp Frank's hot sauce
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 cup Colby and Monterey cheese
  • Flour tortillas

Directions:

  1. I started out by sautéing the mushrooms, then added the Cajun seasoning.
  2. Next add the peppers and onions and let cook for a few minutes.
  3. Add in the can of refried beans and stir till incorporated.
  4. Add the Worcestershire sauce.
  5. Turn down to simmer.
  6. I didn't have any enchilada sauce so I put a can of Rotel in the food processor and added the hot sauce and cumin.
  7. Lay out a tortilla, use a full 1/3 scoop and lay it out in the middle. Fold over one half, tuck in the sides and roll into an enchilada. Place in a baking pan.
  8. Once I filled the pan, I drizzled my home made enchilada sauce over them, then sprinkled the cheese over top.
  9. Bake on 350 for about 20 to 25 minutes, covered and then uncovered for the last 5 minutes or so.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!