Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Michelle’s Famous Peanut Butter Pie



My sister Michelle graciously agreed to be a guest blogger for National Peanut Butter Lover's Day! Thank you Michelle!

Here is what she said about her Famous Peanut Butter Pies.

I take no credit for this recipe as far as where I got it. I have no idea!
I’ve been making this for years and every time I do people fight over the last piece.
It’s so easy too!
The recipe makes 2 pies. I normally make extra and freeze them so when I have a party to go to they are already made. I think they are better slightly defrosted. So take it out of the freezer about 15 minutes before you are ready to serve it and let it get a little softer and easier to cut.
I also tend to go heavy on the peanut butter because I love it!
If you wanted to try to make it a little lighter you could always use fat free condensed milk and fat free cool whip. I’ve done it and you can’t tell the difference!

  • 1 cup powered sugar
  • 1 8-ounce block cream cheese softened
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 14-ounce can condensed milk
  • 1 12-ounce tub of cool whip
  • 2 9-inch Oreo pie shells

  1. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
  2. Add milk and beat until combined.
  3. Stir in the whipped topping. (I save some for the top of the pie)
  4. Divide the mixture evenly between the shells.
  5. Chill for 8 hours.
  6. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.

Enjoy!

No comments: