My sister Michelle graciously agreed to be a guest blogger for National Peanut Butter Lover's Day! Thank you Michelle!
Here is what she said about her Famous Peanut Butter Pies.
I take no credit for this recipe as far as where I got it. I have no idea!
I’ve been making this for years and every time I do people fight over the last piece.
It’s so easy too!
The recipe makes 2 pies. I normally make extra and freeze them so when I have a party to go to they are already made. I think they are better slightly defrosted. So take it out of the freezer about 15 minutes before you are ready to serve it and let it get a little softer and easier to cut.
I also tend to go heavy on the peanut butter because I love it!
If you wanted to try to make it a little lighter you could always use fat free condensed milk and fat free cool whip. I’ve done it and you can’t tell the difference!
- 1 cup powered sugar
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 14-ounce can condensed milk
- 1 12-ounce tub of cool whip
- 2 9-inch Oreo pie shells
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add milk and beat until combined.
- Stir in the whipped topping. (I save some for the top of the pie)
- Divide the mixture evenly between the shells.
- Chill for 8 hours.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.