A classic comfort dish with a healthy spin! One of Mr. Spatulas favorites! It was chilly and rainy here so this warmed the belly.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups potato, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups of Bisquick
- 2/3 cup Milk
- S&P, to taste
- Put the chicken, carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, garlic, bay leaves, salt, pepper and chicken broth in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high heat for 2 to 3 hours or low heat for 5 to 6 hours.
- Adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Stir in the frozen peas.
- If it hasn't thickened, add 1/4 cup cornstarch with 1/4 cup of the broth from the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Mix the biscuit mix with milk. Drop in tablespoons and cook on high heat for another hour.
- Remove the bay leaves before you serve.