Sunday, March 19, 2017

Family Lunch 3/18/17


There's nothing more important than family!

The picture above is from a family lunch we had at The Cheesecake Factory.

Starting from the left is my mom, her sister (my aunt), my cousin, my Aunt Jean and her daughter (another cousin). I haven't sat down to figure out how many 2nd cousin's there are but my mom mentioned there were 27 1st cousins. Like I said before, it's a very large family!

Aunt Jean is here visiting from Idaho. We don't get to see her often, so it was a real treat! We sat in that booth for hours talking. I'm sure that poor waitress thought are they ever going to leave? LOL

My great-grandparents on my mom's side had 9 children. Aunt Jean is my grandmother's sister. There are only 3 of them still around. We talked about how her parents came over from Italy and all sorts of memories from when we were kids. We laughed so much! It was such a special afternoon.

I think the funniest story though is how my Aunt Jean recently found out her name was really Jennifer? I think that's what she said, there was a lot of talking going on! Anyway, my great-grandparents had very thick accents so it sounded like Jean so everyone called her Jean. It wasn't until she went to get a passport that she found out that was not her legal name! How crazy is that? It really blows my mind. You live your whole life with a certain name only to find out that it's NOT your name. Her driver's license, her marriage certificate, any legal documents were incorrect. So she legally got her name changed to Jean. Cra-ZY!

This post goes back to what I said before, we lose connections with family. Remember Sunday dinners? We need to bring family back close to us. Reach out if by email, text, phone. This is why I love Facebook. I can keep up with everyone, what they are doing, see pictures, talk with people.

Nothing's more important than a strong family bond.

There was talk about a family reunion. Oh my, that's a pretty large crowd to cook for! I really hope this happens. I would love to take pictures of everyone and document more history of our family.

I'm so thankful and blessed to have what I have!

"The bond that links your family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life" - Richard Bach

No comments: