I made deviled eggs, my sister made spinach dip, then I put together sheet pan green beans and roasted red potatoes. My brother-in-law helped out with flank steak and a delicious salmon! We also had Middle Eastern rice.
I took no pics! ARGH!
There was no time, however, I really wanted to share this one particular recipe with everyone for Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce that we served in a gravy boat with our meal.
It was a banging sauce! There are no pics, sorry, way too much going on for me to stop to arrange a nice picture for you guys.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- salt & black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and then add the garlic.
- Let it cook for a minute and then add the flour.
- Let that cook for a minute, stirring, then add the beef broth. You could also use chicken or vegetable.
- Add the parmesan cheese and cream cheese, stirring until incorporated.
- Season with S&P.
If the sauce seems a bit thick, add a little bit of broth at a time until it's the consistency you want.
Some of us poured this over our steak and some of us poured it over our salmon. It's so good, you could pour it over a shoe! HA!