Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Patty Melts



We don't often eat red meat but when we do, we go BIG.

HAHAHAHA

I was just going to do regular old burgers but had to run to the store for rolls. Then I saw the Rye Bread! Ack!

I love Rye Bread.

I mean, I seriously love Rye Bread.

I'm having Rye Bread toast in the morning :)

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 2 chipotles in adobo
  • 1 tbsp adobo sauce
  • 3 tbsp finely chopped onion
  • 1 garlic clove minced
  • 1 tbsp mayo (trust me)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper

Directions:

  1. Combine the beef, two chipotle peppers, onion, garlic, adobo sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl and form into 4 burgers or 2 if you so choose! I shaped mine to match the shape of the rye bread. I'm slick like that.
  2. Saute the burgers in a skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
  3. I used a panini press to grill up the sandwiches. You can use a skillet or whatever works for you.
  4. I spread a little butter on the panini press. Then a little mayo on the rye bread, then the burger goes on the mayo side of the bread. On one I had goat cheese and the other had two slices of American cheese and some mozzarella cheese. That was hubby's.
  5. A little mayo on the other rye bread piece and that goes down on top. Grill up in the panini press for about 5 minutes on each side or until the bread is golden and crisp.
You could put in some sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and gouda cheese would be fantastic! The possibilities are endless. Please let me know if you make it and how you built yours!

Trust me. You need to make this. Indulge yourself!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!