I'm at my mom's for a few days while she is recuperating from knee replacement surgery. Luckily we both love the same type of food. Things that I normally wouldn't make for my husband.
This was a quick and easy recipe to throw together for the two of us tonight!
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 4 medium zucchini's, spiralized This is what I use
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Scramble the eggs and set aside.
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl, whisk together and set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add the oil, garlic and shallots. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until the shallots soften.
- Add in the flour and cook for a minute.
- Add in the sauce and cook for a few minutes till the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce is thick, add in the zucchini noodles and stir thoroughly.
- Cook for 2 minutes, add in the scrambled eggs and peanuts.
Note: I've seen some recipes that ground up the peanuts, but I used whole peanuts. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro if you want.