Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Sun Dried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast


Chicken breasts slathered with an Italian dressing and stuffed with sun dried tomato, spinach and cheese.

Servings: 2 to 4 depending on the size of the chicken breast. Mine were big so I cut them in half. Leftovers!

Ingredients:

  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup sun dried tomato in oil
  • Fat free shredded mozzarella cheese or whatever cheese you prefer. I used Mozz in one and Goat cheese in another.
  • Handful of baby spinach leaves
  • 2 tsp olive oil

Dressing:

  • 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (or a mix of thyme, oregano, basil, parsley)
  • 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
  3. Cut a pocket into each chicken breast, do not cut all the way through.
  4. Coat the chicken with the dressing, inside and out.
  5. Stuff with sun dried tomato, cheese and spinach.
  6. Seal with toothpicks on the diagonal. Remember to remove after you cook. Which I didn't!
  7. Heat 2 tsp olive oil in an ovenproof or cast iron pan Don't have one? Click Here!
  8. Add chicken and cook till golden. About 3 minutes on each side.
  9. Transfer skillet to oven. I inserted a meat thermometer into the biggest part of the chicken to make sure I knew when it hit 160°. Don't have one? Click Here!

I love my thermometer, I set it for the temp I want and it beeps when ready!

If you want to wing it, it depends on the size of your chicken breasts. Small - 15 minutes. Mind were a bit larger so it took about 20 minutes.

I served with some roasted asparagus drizzled with olive oil, S&P. And, of course, my husband needed his mashed potatoes!

Slightly adapted from Yammie's Noshery

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!