We love Tex Mex around here! I threw this together tonight with basically what I had in the fridge.
I normally would have used Romaine lettuce but my grocery store was out this week so I picked up a bag of baby spinach.
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Ground meat, or ground turkey (I had less than a lb of ground meat in my freezer)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 can light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 bag baby spinach or 4 cups shredded romaine
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine salsa and sour cream in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add the onion and garlic, stirring until softened, about 2 minutes. Add beef or turkey and cook, stirring, until cooked through.
- Add tomato, beans, cumin, chili powder; cook until the tomato breaks down, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, stir in 2 tbsp of the salsa mixture.
- Add the spinach (or romaine) to the remaining salsa mixture and toss to coat.
- Place on a platter and top with the cooked meat mixture, sprinkle with cheese.