Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Tex Mex Taco Salad


We love Tex Mex around here! I threw this together tonight with basically what I had in the fridge.

I normally would have used Romaine lettuce but my grocery store was out this week so I picked up a bag of baby spinach.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup prepared salsa
  • 2 tbsp sour cream
  • 1/2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • Ground meat, or ground turkey (I had less than a lb of ground meat in my freezer)
  • 1 large tomato, diced
  • 1 can light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 bag baby spinach or 4 cups shredded romaine
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

  1. Combine salsa and sour cream in a large bowl and set aside.
  2. Heat oil in a skillet. Add the onion and garlic, stirring until softened, about 2 minutes. Add beef or turkey and cook, stirring, until cooked through.
  3. Add tomato, beans, cumin, chili powder; cook until the tomato breaks down, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
  4. Remove from heat, stir in 2 tbsp of the salsa mixture.
  5. Add the spinach (or romaine) to the remaining salsa mixture and toss to coat.
  6. Place on a platter and top with the cooked meat mixture, sprinkle with cheese.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Featured Post - Click Below

Ahi Tuna Steaks

Seared tuna steaks were on the menu tonight! I find it best to season them and let them sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes. ...