Everything is better with bacon, right?
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes, washed and dried
- olive oil
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 tbsp. reserved bacon fat
- 3 scallions
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk Ranch Dressing (I used Kraft brand)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes or until fork tender. They need to cool completely. I threw mine in the fridge to cool quickly.
- Cook the bacon until crisp, drain, and chop. (Don't forget to take a tbsp. of bacon fat out)
- Cut the potatoes up in small bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add the bacon fat and mix.
- Add in the bacon, scallions, cheddar cheese and ranch dressing. Toss well.
I made mine the day before because I like it when the flavors meld together. Throw into a re-sealable bag until ready to serve.