Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Day 2 - No Oven! Salad with Cold Shredded Chicken


I'm on a mission to not use my oven! How many meals can I make with other kitchen equipment? We will see!

This post says Day 2 because, whoops, I didn't blog Day 1!!! Such an idiot sometimes. LOL

Day 1 was simple chicken sausage on my George Foreman Grill and steamed broccoli. It was way too hot to turn that oven on. And there is no AC in my kitchen. Can you believe it? It's like I live in the stone age here.

We have window AC units but they don't reach my kitchen. So....no oven it is!!!

Tonight was a simple salad with shredded chicken that I made in the slow cooker. So easy!

I'm loving the exclamation points tonight!

I threw 3 large chicken breasts into the slow cooker (they were actually still frozen) and added about 1 cup of chicken broth. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Use whatever seasonings float your boat. Cooked on low for about 7 hours. Shredded and put in the fridge for dinner.

I don't have to tell you how to make a salad, right? Right!

Pile that salad on your plate and top with some cold shredded chicken! It's the perfect meal for a hot night. Except for the fact that today it dropped back down into the high 60's and was very windy.

That's ok, I've got lunch for the next two days! Whoop! Whoop!

Enjoy!

No comments: