Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Day Recipes


I took a break from everything over this three day weekend!  Deviled Egg Carrier

Back to work!!

It was a small crowd on Sunday, just the kids. And the rain held off mostly. That is until I started to grill.

I made up a huge batch of deviled eggs but I think the kielbasa in the slow cooker was the favorite.

I also cooked the hot dogs in the slow cooker so I had more room on the grill. You can actually fit up to 60 dogs standing up in a slow cooker, did you know that? They steam very nicely! Of course, I didn't make 60 but it's nice to know for a large crowd!

I threw together a Bacon Ranch Potato Salad that was super easy! I don't know about you, but I really dislike peeling potatoes. I will do almost anything to get out of that job. With this recipe, there is no peeling!


We had some spice-rubbed grilled chicken. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs cause they cook super fast on the grill. That is, if you aren't in a hurry because it's raining on you, then they take forever and a day!!!


The baked beans...I sorta cheated and threw a can of Bushes Beans in my mini crockpot. That's all folks.

I did make a Chimichurri Sauce to go with the chicken. You can serve this with a lot of different foods. Grilled steak, empanadas, etc.  Delicious!!


My burgers are simple. 80/20 ground beef mixed with McCormicks Montreal Steak seasoning and a touch of mayo. You get plump, juicy burgers! As a matter of fact, I had to spray my shirt with Resolve Stain Remove from the burger squirt! :)

I hope you enjoy this recipes as much as we did even if we were soaked from the rain and squeezed around the kitchen table!

I also watched three awesome movies (Amazon Prime) on Monday while being a lazy bum.

Manchester By the Sea (Casey Affleck)
Hi, my name is Doris (Sally Field)
Me Before You (tear jerker alert!)

Enjoy!



No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!