Skirt steak is a relatively less expensive cut of meat so it absolutely needs to be marinated with ingredients that will break it down before grilling.
- 3/4 balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup corn oil or grapeseed or canola
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 shallots or a small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tbsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt
- skirt steak, cleaned of excess fat
- Put all ingredients in a re-sealable bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before grilling. You can also put the ingredients in a blender first before pouring over the steak.
- Grill the steak over medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Let it rest with tented foil over it for about 5 minutes before slicing into it. This allows all the juices to redistribute. If you cut into it right away, you will lose all the good stuff.
I served mine over a salad.
If you have an outside grill, that's great but if not, this is an awesome stove top grill! Click Here to View Grill
It's also great to have on those nights it's pouring rain!
This is very similar to what I have. It's a breeze to clean up. Thank you Calphalon!
It's big enough to throw meat on one end and then veggies at the other end. Boom. Done.