Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Taco Tuesday and Nachos!


I have this thing about "ground" meat in my tacos, not a huge fan. Chicken or fish I'm good with though!

I had a chuck roast in the freezer so I decided to use that instead. We have enough meat to eat tacos for the next week!!

I put the chuck roast in the slow cooker the other day and threw in the following:

1 can red enchilada sauce
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. oregano
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper

Let it cook for 8 hours and then store in the fridge. The next day, all the fat has risen to the top and you can skim it off. So flipping tender!

I rewarmed it tonight in a pot then shredded it and tossed it back in the lovely juices.

We had soft and hard tacos to choose from, some shredded cheese, diced tomatoes and hot salsa.

I also threw together some nachos. I used a parchment lined baking sheet. Lined up all those tortilla chips, warmed and mushed some black beans, then cheese sauce, salsa, shredded cheese and finally a diced jalapeno.

Whew! Spicy all the way!


Enjoy!


No comments: