Yesterday was another dreary, overcast day so this stew was the perfect comfort food without massive amounts of calories! Warm da belly kinda food :)
- Olive oil
- 1 lb chicken sausage, diced into chunks
- 1 lb chorizo
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cans white beans, undrained
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 lemon and zest
- chicken stock as needed to loosen
- pasta or rice
- Heat a little olive in a large pot. Brown the sausage and chorizo and then set aside.
- Add the garlic and onions, saute for about 3 minutes and then return the sausage/chorizo to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, vinegar, bay leaves and stir. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add the beans and the spinach and cook for about 10 minutes.
- If you need to add a bit of chicken stock to loosen it up, do it now.
- Add lemon zest and the juice of one lemon at the end.
- Serve over pasta (I used Orzo) or brown rice.