Balsamic marinated chicken...
Juicy cherry tomatoes...
I could eat this every day!
It's an awesome summer salad you can prepare ahead of time. Just refrigerate the dressing until it's time to serve.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp salt
- chicken breasts (I used 2 chicken breasts and 4 chicken thighs)
- 1 bag of romaine (short cut!)
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- mozzarella balls (I bought the whole log and used about 3/4)
- 5 or 6 fresh basil leaves, rolled together and then thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the marinate together and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a dish, pour about 8 tbsp. of the marinade on the chicken to coat. Set aside the remaining mixture for the dressing.
- You can either grill or bake the chicken. I baked in a 450 oven for about 45 minutes. When done, set aside to rest and cool.
- Chop the chicken into bite size chunks and toss together with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and chicken. Gently toss in the basil.
- Drizzle with the remaining marinade.
- Season with salt and pepper.