This recipe is SO versatile!
Ok, so maybe you don't like mushrooms? Stuff the mixture in a pepper!
Don't like peppers? Toss it over a salad!
Scoop out the inside of a zucchini and stuff it in there!
Whatever you do, you should make this sometime soon...
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey or ground beef
- 5 or 6 large portabella mushrooms, stem and gills removed
- 1 diced onion
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package taco seasoning or this recipe Click here for home made taco seasoning
- 1 package Uncle Ben's rice (whatever is your favorite)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can RoTel Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Remove the gills from the mushrooms with a spoon, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Preheat oven to 350 and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and add ground beef, onion and garlic. Cook until the beef is browned, crumble the beef, stir in taco seasoning and then drain excess fat.
- Stir in rice, beans, Rotel, chili powder and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Fill the mushrooms with the mixture and place in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with some cheese and place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melty.
- Top with some halved cherry tomatoes.