Friday, June 9, 2017

Shrimp & Kielbasa Kabobs with a Chimichurri Sauce


Talk about E.A.S.Y...

I defrosted about 40 shrimp and peeled them.

Soaked the wooden skewers in water as I was doing that.

Then I cut up about 3 links of this smoked sausage. It's not a "true" kielbasa but Joe didn't know the difference. It's healthier and 1/2 the fat! AND on sale this week at Giant. Can't beat that.


I threaded 4 shrimp and 4 pieces of the sausage on the skewers.

I had made this chimichurri sauce a few days ago. I just lathered it on and let them sit for a few minutes while I fired up the grill and cleaned up. (I'm one of those people. I have to clean as I cook!)

Click here for Chimichurri Sauce

Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce used for grilled meat; it comes in a green version (chimichurri verde) and a red version (chimichurri rojo) and seems to come from Argentinian and Uruguayan cuisine. It is made of finely-chopped parsley, minced garlic, vegetable oil, oregano, and white vinegar.

Anyway, these babies go on a hot grill for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side and they are DONE!

You could slather on some BBQ sauce or marinate the shrimp in some Asian flavors. Whatever floats your boat.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!