Monday, July 10, 2017

How New Friends Change Your Life (And A Guest Recipe!)


A few weeks ago, while at my cousins, lounging in the pool, I met some wonderful people. Sis lived next door to my cousin. She was moving and the daughters were helping out.  

I don't know how I've never met them before but it's never too late to meet new friends!

Sis, well, she's got spunk! Very sweet lady. 

Angela lives in South Dakota and is married to the Conductor of the South Dakota Symphony Orchestra. You can check out his page at Delta David Gier. Angela is a graphic artist. Her work can be found at This Website. She has given me some really great advice for my own blog!

Helene, works at one of our local school districts. She's laid back and so funny! You can just tell she has a good heart and cares about her community. And, apparently, a good cook! I'll get to that in a minute...

Their father passed away around the same time as my father. I was lucky enough to be the recipient of some of his original garden chotchkes...odds and ends that he put together and/or painted himself. I feel blessed to have these items scattered throughout my garden. It will make me think about this wonderful family every time I see them. 



So now let's get to this awesome recipe that Helene made us!

Olive Cheese Balls

Ok, it may sound funny but when you bite into one, you get the creamy, cheesy flavor and then the bite of the olive and it's heaven in your mouth. They are VERY addictive! You need to try these out and let us know! 

Ingredients

  • 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
  • 3 - 4 tbsp. of butter, softened
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 6oz jar small, pimento stuffed olives, drained (no pits)

Note: save that olive juice for some dirty martini's  :-)

Directions

  1. Cream together the cheddar cheese and butter; blend in flour and pepper. 
  2. Take 1 tsp of dough and wrap it around each olive. 
  3. Chill or freeze until ready to bake. 
  4. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 for 15 minutes. 

These can be baked while frozen, no need to defrost.

Thank you Helene for sharing with all of us...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!