You don't HAVE to use a waffle iron but my grandson's plain grilled cheese tasted better to him with waffle marks in it :-)
If you say so...
Since I had it out already, I used it for ours as well.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 box (or less) frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper, Italian herbs to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bread - whatever makes your skirt fly up. I used white Italian bread.
- Reduced fat butter spread
- In a small skillet, saute the minced garlic in olive oil for about 30 seconds then move to a bowl.
- Add the ricotta cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt/pepper, Italian herbs to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Spread one side of the bread with butter. Divide the ricotta mixture in half and spread on the un-buttered sides of the bread, top with mozzarella cheese and then top with remaining bread.
- Either use the skillet you sauteed the garlic in or the waffle iron (sprayed with cooking spray).
- Cook, turning once, until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.