I gotta be honest with you...I wasn't sure if my husband was going to like this.
Guess what? He does! Yeah! Another recipe in the rotation!
This was seriously delicious. I love peanut sauce. It can be served hot or cold. We prefer cold.
- About 2 lbs chicken tenders, salt & pepper, cooked, chopped, cooled
- 1 lb asparagus, trim off woodsy ends, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb spaghetti, thin, thick, linguine, whole wheat..whatever you like
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp red chili paste with garlic
- Cook the chicken, set aside.
- Chop the asparagus, set aside.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce, set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the asparagus for a few minutes.
- Add the pasta. Toss.
- Add the chicken. Toss.
- Add the sauce.
- Mix together till incorporated.
- Add the peanuts.
- Toss well and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds
Don't forget the sesame seeds like I did :)
Like I said, you can put this in the fridge to serve cold or pile it on plates right away and eat it hot!
Click here for Video...