Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Baked Wings



I was actually going to throw these wings on the grill but my tank died! Isn't that always the way? People are milling around, getting in your way while you are trying to mix Bloody Mary's and get dinner going and boom! The grill is dead with no spare tank filled. We still had a great time :-)

So the wings went in the oven. No biggie! Ya just gotta go with the flow!

I marinated these wings in the fridge for about 24 hours. 

Ingredients
  • 1 cup grape jam
  • 4 tbsp. sriracha hot sauce (or more if you like it spicier)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 4 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 lbs wings (separated at joint and tips cut off)
  • Franks hot sauce
  • butter

Directions
  1. Mix the 4 four ingredients together well. 
  2. Pour into storage bag with the wings and smush everything together. You may need two bags, I did. 
  3. Refrigerate until ready to cook. 
  4. Preheat oven to 400. 
  5. Grease two baking sheets well. 
  6. Turn once during cooking. 
  7. Once they are done, I pour Frank's hot sauce into a large plastic container with a lid (I just eyeball it) and some butter. I think I used a 1/2 stick.
  8. I place the wings in the container, put on the lid and shake it. I let them sit in there for about 15 minutes while they steam. Let me say...tender! 

Mine took about 45 minutes. Just check for doneness by pulling a bigger wing out and cutting into it. 

I served with celery and Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Share on Social Media!

Don't forget to click on the Social Media links above and share this recipe!

SHOP AMAZON HERE AND SUPPORT MY SITE!